JOIN OUR FRIENDLY TEAM
Deputy Course Manager
Reporting to the Course Manager, you will be part of the management team responsible for delivering a golf course to the highest standards.
- Work in conjunction with the Course Manager to lead and motivate the team, whilst setting the course up to the highest standard.
- Lead the team in the absence of the Course Manager.
- Assist in the training of staff.
Key skills and attributes:
- A positive attitude to work, self-motivated and a team player.
- A flexible approach to work, work hours and weekend duties.
- Be able to work to the highest of standards and possess a high attention to detail.
- Carry out work in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
- Want to further their skills, training and development.
- A good understanding of the game of golf.
The successful candidate will require:
- NVQ 3 or equivalent qualification in Sports Turf Management.
- Spraying Certificates PA1, PA2 and PA6.
- Chainsaw Certificates CS 30/31.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Good knowledge of irrigation systems.
- Salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- 24 days holiday per annum
- Educational opportunities
- Uniform & PPE
- BIGGA Membership
- Use of golf course and facilities
- Workplace pension scheme
Please apply in the form of a cover letter and C.V to: Barry West, Course Manager, Pinner Hill Golf Club email@example.com
Pinner Hill Golf Club is seeking an experienced Kitchen Porter/Assistant, reporting to the Head Chef. Hours are a guaranteed minimum of 25 per week over 5 days, but due to the nature of the business of a golf club these will be flexible. Competitive salary on offer.
Duties to include:
- Cleaning and sterilising countertops, kitchen walls, stoves, ovens, grills and sinks
- Cleaning the entire kitchen once it is closed to ensure it is ready for the next day
- Washing dirty dishes - cutlery, pots, cutting boards and pans or loading dishes into the dishwasher
- Cleaning and maintaining cooking equipment such as cookers, pots and food mixers
- Maintaining the food storage areas - freezers and refrigerators
- Receiving deliveries and organising them in the kitchen
- Emptying bins, removing kitchen waste from waste containers and disposing of them properly
- Supporting the Chef in basic food preparation for example cutting ingredients, peeling and washing food items
We would like to hear from you if you have had previous experience working as a Kitchen Porter/Assistant, or worked in a commercial kitchen. A self-starter who does not require constant instruction, but sees a job that needs doing and does it.
Bar & Waiting Staff
Under the supervision of the house and assistant house manager, bar and waiting staff should possess:
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and also use own initiative
- Friendly, confident and outgoing
- Flexible with working hours which will include evenings and weekends
- Reliable and good time keeper
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Attention to cleanliness
- Excellent people skills
- To serve food and beverage orders to members and guests promptly and courteously
- Accurately record beverage & food orders via POS software
- Ensure that the bar and dining areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Clear and clean vacated tables promptly
- Deliver dirty plates & silverware back to the kitchen
- Assist with events when needed (set-up, serving, break-down)
- Other duties as requested by management
Previous experience is desirable but not essential. Applicants must be over 18 to serve alcohol.
Due to the remote location it would be beneficial for applicants to have their own transport.
For further information please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8866 0963 # 2.